Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Soup w/some pics recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup w/some pics recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to adopt a more healthy lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. In all likelihood, a lot of people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by making a couple of modest changes.
These healthier food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also provides vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. It may be that you already believe that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemicals. Searching for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the choice of eating foods that still have most of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Evidently, it’s not difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup w/some pics recipe. You can cook french onion soup w/some pics using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare French Onion Soup w/some pics:
- Provide of The Stock.
- Get 4 lb of lbs. cracked beef bones/soup bones w/o meat.
- Take 2 of onions, halved.
- Prepare 2 of scrubbed quartered carrots.
- Get 2 of celery stalks.
- You need of bouquet garni:0.25 tsp. thyme, 1 bay leaf, 6 parsley sprigs, 2 unpeeled garlic cloves, 2 whole cloves.
- Prepare 10 cups of water.
- Use of For the Onions and Soup.
- Use 2 lbs of or about 5 cups of thinly sliced yellow onion.
- Provide 3 Tbsp of Tbs butter+1 Tbs Oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Provide 1 of ⁄4 tsp sugar (helps the onions to brown).
- Use 3 Tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- Prepare of The strained Stock.
- Use to taste of salt and pepper.
- Get 2 Tbsp of tbs Cognac, brings the flavors together.
- Get 4 of rounds of hard-toasted french bread.
- You need of Grated good grated or sliced Swiss or Gruyère Cheese to cover.
- You need of Cook and assemble.
Instructions to make French Onion Soup w/some pics:
- Heat oven to 450F. Arrange the meat, bones, onions, and carrots in a cast iron pan. Place in the middle portion of the oven and roast for 30-40 minutes, turning occasionally until nicely browned..
- Remove from the oven and drain the fat out of the roasting pan. Transfer into an 8 or 10-quart soup kettle. Pour a cup or two of the water into the pan, set over heat (or back in the still-hot oven). Scrape up all the brown bits at the bottom. Pour all that into the kettle..
- Tie the Bousquet garni in a coffee filter or cheese cloth..
- Cover ingredients with 10 cups of water. Bring to a simmer, skim and add the salt, celery, and bouquet garni. Simmer, partially covered, on low for 4 to 5 hours. Strain the stock out of the kettle into a bowl..
- ONIONS, COOKING AND FINAL ASSEMBLY.
- Melt butter, add oil to a large pot. Add sugar and onions, cover, and cook on low for 30 minutes..
- Raise heat and cook, stirring often on medium until golden, around 45 minutes.
- Stir in flour, cook for a minute and add stock and wine. Partially cover and simmer gently for one hour..
- Add Cognac, ladle into oven proof soup bowls, add bread slice and cover with cheese..
- Bake at 400 degrees until lightly brown..
If you find this French Onion Soup w/some pics recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.