Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that give You Vitality.
Wholesome eating encourages a feeling of well being. Increasing our daily allowance of well balanced meals while decreasing the intake of unhealthy kinds contributes to a more wholesome feeling. A salad helps us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Deciding on healthier food choices can be tough when it is snack time. Shopping for snack foods can be a challenge because you have countless options. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting treat.
Foods made from whole grains are excellent for a quick snack. Starting your morning with a piece of whole grain toasted bread can give you that extra boost you need to get going. Eating on the run can be more healthy with whole fiber chips and crackers. Deciding on whole grain snacks is always much better than eating the highly processed grains we commonly come across in our grocery stores.
You will not have to look far to discover a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Determining to live a healthy lifestyle can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup with parmesan/mozzarella croutons recipe. You can cook french onion soup with parmesan/mozzarella croutons using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons:
- Take 4 of yellow onions, finely sliced.
- Prepare 4 of red onions, finely sliced.
- Take 1 of leek, finely sliced and washed.
- You need 5 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Provide 2 tbsp of olive or avocado oil.
- Provide 1 of dried bay leaf.
- Take 2 litres of good quality unsalted beef stock.
- You need 3/4 cup of red wine.
- You need 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Provide 1/4 cup of grated mozzarella & parmesan to serve.
- Use 2 tablespoons of salt (to taste).
- Get 1 tablespoon of ground pepper (to taste).
- Use 1 of French stick, sliced thickly diagonally.
- Take 1/4 cup of grated cheddar and Parmesan.
Steps to make French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons:
- Slice all onions and leeks..
- Heat a large heavy base on high heat and melt the butter and add olive oil. Add onions and leek. Turn the heat down and sweat down onions slowly for around half an hour. Stir occasionally, and keep the lid so that it 3/4 covers pot, allowing steam to escape..
- Do not rush it! That may result the onions to burn. Rather have the onions caramelized which will give the soup a nice dark brown color. It may even take an hour..
- Once the onions are done, add garlic, bay leaf, salt and pepper..
- Deglaze pot with wine and vinegar. Add stock. Bring to the boil – reduce heat and simmer for a further 1/2 hour. Check and adjust seasoning if needed..
- Now to get croutons ready. Heat oven to 160*C. Slice French stick. Grate mozzarella and Parmesan over bread. Grate extra cheese to add to soup..
- Bake until golden brown an cheese has melted. Remove and set aside..
- Serve soup in a bowl with a sprinkle of cheese and top with croutons. Yum!.
If you find this French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.