Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Scain's French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Scain's French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Choosing to eat healthily has incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who are suffering from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Although we’re always being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. In all probability, a lot of people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. In reality, however, simply making a couple of small changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
Initially, you will have to be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your basket that you don’t want to eat. For instance, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? Having a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. Mix in fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a normal part of your new healthy eating plan.
To sum up, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to scain's french onion soup recipe. To cook scain's french onion soup you only need 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Scain's French Onion Soup:
- Provide 4 of yellow onions, sliced thin.
- Get 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Provide 1 stick of butter.
- Provide 1/3 cup of red wine.
- Get 6 cups of beef broth.
- Get 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Use 1 of bay leaf.
- Get 2 tsp of Basil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need of French bread.
- Get of garlic powder.
- Get of Swiss cheese.
Steps to make Scain's French Onion Soup:
- In a large stock pot on medium heat, add olive oil.
- Add onions and stir. Stir every few min for 20 min..
- Add butter. Turn heat to medium high, continuing to stir every few min. For another 20 min.
- Add a good pinch of salt, then add red wine to deglaze the pan, turn heat down to medium low..
- Toss in garlic, bay leaf, basil, worceshire and then beef broth. Stir well..
- Once almost boiling, turn heat to low, cover and simmer 30 min.
- Turn oven on to 350, slice French bread about 1 inch thick. Brush with a bit of olive oil and top with garlic powder.
- Pop in the oven 10 minutes, then top with a slice of cheese. Back in the oven on broil for 5 min..
- Ladle soup into bowls, top with bread covered in cheese..
- BAM! Better than any restaurant. I think ;).
If you find this Scain's French Onion Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.