Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for this. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Although we’re incessantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. In all probability, a lot of people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing several small changes.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. It also has vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. While you may already eat lots of fruits and leafy greens, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemicals. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to copycat panera bread french onion soup recipe. You can cook copycat panera bread french onion soup using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup:
- You need 4 tbsp of Butter.
- Get 4 medium of Vadilia sweet onions.
- You need 2 can of Beef broth.
- Use 1 cup of Chicken broth.
- Use 1 3/4 cup of Water.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Ketchup.
- Use 3 tbsp of Flour or Wondra.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Course ground black pepper.
- Use 1 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Get 1/4 tsp of Dried thyme.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Garlic powder.
- Get 1 1/2 tbsp of Worcestershire.
- Get of garnish.
- Take 1 bunch of Parsley.
- Take 1 loaf of Crusty french bread.
- Take 1 lb of Thinly sliced Gruyere cheese.
- Take 1 of Butter.
Instructions to make Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup:
- Melt 4 TBS butter in a large stock pot, when melted, add the thinly sliced onions (no longer than an inch in lengh) to the pot and sauté on medium high heat for approx 20/25 minutes until the onions turn brown and soft..
- Once the onions are soft, mix the flour and water together and slowly pour into the onion mixture stirring constantly yielding a thick consistency. Next add the remaining ingredients (but not the garnish) and stir . Heat soup until it's lightly boiling, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes..
- In the mean time to make the croutons, slice the French bread thinly (no thicker then a 1/2 inch). Butter the top side and stick under the broiler until the tops turn brown. Once the soup is done, ladle in an oven safe bowl. Add a few of the bread pieces on top and cover with the cheese. Put back in the broiler until the cheese is bubbly and melted and brown. Add fresh parsley on top before serving..
If you find this Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.