Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Deciding to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. While we’re constantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make some small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping because you most probably buy many items out of habit. As an example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out its sugar content. Having a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. Add fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a normal part of your new healthy eating plan.
To sum up, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. You can cook french onion soup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make French Onion Soup:
- Get 8 of x Large white onions (Spanish).
- Get 4 of x cloves garlic.
- Take 4 sprigs of thyme.
- Get 1 of x tablespoon Olive oil.
- Take 50 g of x Butter.
- Get 50 ml of x Brandy.
- Use 200 ml of x white wine.
- Get 1.5 L of x chicken stock.
- Provide 1/2 of x baguette.
- You need 200 g of x grated gruyere cheese.
- Use of salt and pepper.
Steps to make French Onion Soup:
- Peel and finely slice the onions, remove the core and cut with the grain. Chop the garlic at this stage as well. Then pick the thyme leaves.
- Heat a large sauce pan, add olive oil, butter, seasoning and the onions, start on a high heat to get the browning process started. When the onions start to colour reduce the heat as you need to cook them long and slow to really caramelise them..
- When onions are a nice deep brown colour you add the brandy and flame if you like. Add the wine and then the chicken stock and allow to simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour. If the level reduces too far you can top up with water..
- Slice baguette or bread roll to around 1 inch thickness, make sure the crouton will fit in the soup bowl, drizzle with olive oil and bake at 180c until nice and toasted..
- Taste soup and adjust the seasoning to your likening, ladle into your oven proof soup bowls, top with crouton and then cover with the grated gruyere cheese..
- Bake in the oven at 180c until the cheese is bubbling, then enjoy possibly the best soup ever? This images are taken from my youtube channel uncle matt's cookery lessons, feel free to pay me a visit there, here is a link to this videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec5_8hmCIy0&t=28s.
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.