Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect French onion soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best French onion soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French onion soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that provide You Energy.
We are very mindful that eating healthy meals can help us really feel better in our bodies. When we eat more healthy meals and a smaller amount of the unhealthy ones we generally feel much better. A little bit of pizza does not make you feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Selecting healthier food choices can be challenging when it’s snack time. Finding goodies that really help us feel better and boost our stamina often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Why not try one of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
If you’re looking for a speedy snack, you can’t go wrong with a whole grain one. Starting your working day with a piece of whole grain bread toasted can give you that additional boost you need to get going. Eating on the run may be more healthy with wholesome chips and crackers. Whole grains are usually better than highly processed grains included in white bread.
You will find lots of healthy snacks you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Deciding to live a healthy way of life can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. You can have french onion soup using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook French onion soup:
- Get 4 of onions.
- Get 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Provide 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 oz of sherry wine.
- Use 1 gallon of chicken and or beef stock.
- Use 1 loaf of Italian bread.
- Provide 2 cup of mozzarella.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of browning sauce (gravy master).
- Prepare 1 of salt, pepper ,onion and garlic powder to taste.
Steps to make French onion soup:
- thinly slice onions.
- heat oil in a large sauce pot.
- Carmelize onion on medium high heat until dark brown.*this should take about 10 minutes.
- add minced garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- add the sherry wine slowly and reduce for 2 minutes.
- add the stock and bring to a boil.
- add the browning sauce.
- reduce to a simmer and cook for 45 min.
- season with salt ,pepper, onion and garlic powder to taste.
- meanwhile slice the loaf of bread and toast.
- when the soup is done serve in a bowl with a slice of bread with the cheese over the top and melted in the oven.
- **if you like your soup with a little more body make a corn starch slurry and add about 5 minutes before done**.
If you find this French onion soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.