Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Classic French Onion Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Classic French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Classic French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Even though we’re incessantly being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that many people assume it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, however, just making a few modest changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
These more nutritious food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also provides vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. If you presently are eating plenty of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a superb alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemical substances. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
As you can see, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to classic french onion soup recipe. To make classic french onion soup you need 10 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Classic French Onion Soup:
- You need 400 gram of white onions.
- Get 1 of dollop of unsalted butter.
- Use 300 ml of vegetable/chicken stock.
- Provide as needed of Mixed Herbs.
- Provide 1 of Bay leaf.
- Provide to taste of Salt and crushed black pepper to season.
- Use 300-350 gm of grated gruyere/parmesan cheese.
- Get Slices of French Baguette to top.
- Take 2 tablespoon of plain flour.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar/1.5 tablespoon white wine.
Instructions to make Classic French Onion Soup:
- Peel and slice the onions thin and lengthwise.
- Melt the butter in a pot.
- Add and sauté the onions on low heat.
- Keep stirring in between as the onions brown to avoid burning them.
- Meanwhile, bring the stock to a boil in another vessel and add the herbs and Bay leaf.
- Strain the stick after 3-4 minutes.
- Once visibly brown, add the flour and mix for a few seconds.
- Next goes in the cider vinegar/ wine.
- Add and sauté the onions for a few seconds.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and allow the soup to simmer while you season it with salt and pepper.
- Mix and take off heat.
- Spoon the soup equally into oven safe bowls.
- Top with baguette slices and spread a generous amount of cheese covering the surface well.
- Microwave till the cheese melts / even browns a bit.
- Let the bowl cool off slightly till you can handle it.
- Serve while the soup is warm. Enjoy!.
- Watch full recipe video at: https://youtu.be/yWb4ygzX77I.
If you find this Classic French Onion Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.