Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for French Onion Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that offer You Vitality.
Eating healthy foods tends to make all the difference in how we feel. We are likely to feel way less gross when we increase our intake of healthy foods and lower our consumption of junk foods. A salad helps us feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). This is usually a problem, nevertheless, with regards to eating between snacks. Shopping for snack foods can be a struggle because you have a great number of options. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that you can use when you need a quick pick me up.
Foods made from whole grains are fantastic for a fast snack. A slice of whole wheat toast, for example is a great snack in the early morning. Eating on the run may be much healthier with whole fiber chips and crackers. Make the change from refined products such as white bread to the healthier whole grain alternatives.
A large selection of instant health snacks is easily available. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s easy to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. To cook french onion soup you only need 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare French Onion Soup:
- Use 5 of large yellow onions, sliced.
- Take 6 tablespoons of salted butter.
- Use 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need 2 tablespoons of worchestershire sauce.
- Provide 2 cans (48 oz) of each) beef broth, or 1 of chicken and 1 of beef.
- Use 1 tablespoon of pepper (or to taste).
- Get 1 tablespoon of salt (or to taste).
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Get 1 tablespoon of thyme.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of granulated garlic, or 2 cloves minced.
- Take 4-6 slices of toasted plain french bread.
- Provide 4-6 slices of provolone cheese.
Steps to make French Onion Soup:
- In a Dutch oven, or another large pot, place the butter, olive oil and onions in, set heat to low.
- Continue to stir, being careful not to burn the onions, this is a low and slow recipe…patience is KEY! Once the butter is melted, you can turn the heat up a tad to a lower medium. This process takes about 1 and a half hours..
- Once onions have reached caramelization, add all other ingredients and bring up to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf, Ladle into soup cups, leaving almost an inch from the top to place the toasted bread and the provolone cheese. Place under broiler to melt the cheese, until bubbly.
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.