Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Beef Stew (Boeuf Bourguignon) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Beef Stew (Boeuf Bourguignon) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Beef Stew (Boeuf Bourguignon) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. There are many health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a healthier way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all likelihood, a lot of people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, though, to make several small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
These more nutritious food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil can likewise be healthy for your skin because it is an excellent source of vitamin E. It might be that you already feel that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. Organic foods are a great choice and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemicals. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of eating foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
As you can see, it’s easy to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to beef stew (boeuf bourguignon) recipe. To cook beef stew (boeuf bourguignon) you need 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Beef Stew (Boeuf Bourguignon):
- Prepare 12 slices of hickory smoked bacon, chopped.
- Use 3 lbs of chuck beef cup into 1" cubes.
- Take 1 lb of carrots cubed.
- Get 2 of yellow onions chopped.
- Use 5 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Take 2 cups of red wine.
- Get 3 cups of beef stock.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of thyme.
- You need 4 tbsp of butter.
- Use 3 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 lb of pearl onions whole.
- Use 1 lb of mushrooms sliced thickly.
- Get 3 of bay leaves.
- Take of salt.
- Get of pepper.
- Take of parsley for garnish.
Instructions to make Beef Stew (Boeuf Bourguignon):
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Heat 2 TB oil in large Dutch oven (or heavy, oven-safe pot with tight fitting lid.) Add bacon and cook over medium until evenly and lightly browned throughout. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to a large plate. Remaining oil and grease should stay in the pot..
- Using paper towels, thoroughly dry uncooked beef and sprinkle the cubes evenly with a thin layer of kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Reheat the oil/bacon grease in the Dutch oven and sear the beef cubes in a single layer, working in batches, until each cube is brown on all sides. Do not over crowd the pan, making sure to leave some space between each piece of beef. Add more oil as needed to finish browning. Set beef aside in plate with the bacon..
- If needed, add oil and heat oil. Add carrots, onions, garlic, kosher salt, black pepper and saute for 5 minutes until onions are lightly browned..
- Add beef and bacon back into Dutch oven with their juices. Add the wine and enough beef broth to almost cover all the meat. Add tomato paste, thyme, and bay leaves. Bring to simmer, stirring occasionally. Once liquid is reaches a simmer, cover the pot with tight fitting lid and place in oven for 1.5 to 2 hours, or until meat is very tender when pierced with fork..
- Meanwhile, mix together butter with flour in small bowl and set aside. Saute mushrooms with butter in skillet just until mushrooms start to become soft..
- Remove stew from oven. Add the butter/flour mixture, frozen pearl onions, and mushrooms to the stew. Bring to a boil on stovetop and immediately reduce to simmer. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Skim off any fat off the top. Remove bay leaves. Season with additional kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste..
If you find this Beef Stew (Boeuf Bourguignon) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.