Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who suffer from health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. In all probability, most people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, though, simply making some modest changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also great for your skin. While you may already consume a great deal of fruits and leafy greens, you might want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a great choice and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemicals. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being picked at the right time.
As you can see, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup with parmesan/mozzarella croutons recipe. To cook french onion soup with parmesan/mozzarella croutons you need 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons:
- Get 4 of yellow onions, finely sliced.
- Prepare 4 of red onions, finely sliced.
- Provide 1 of leek, finely sliced and washed.
- You need 5 clove of garlic, minced.
- Get 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive or avocado oil.
- You need 1 of dried bay leaf.
- You need 2 litres of good quality unsalted beef stock.
- Use 3/4 cup of red wine.
- You need 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated mozzarella & parmesan to serve.
- Provide 2 tablespoons of salt (to taste).
- You need 1 tablespoon of ground pepper (to taste).
- Use 1 of French stick, sliced thickly diagonally.
- Use 1/4 cup of grated cheddar and Parmesan.
Instructions to make French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons:
- Slice all onions and leeks..
- Heat a large heavy base on high heat and melt the butter and add olive oil. Add onions and leek. Turn the heat down and sweat down onions slowly for around half an hour. Stir occasionally, and keep the lid so that it 3/4 covers pot, allowing steam to escape..
- Do not rush it! That may result the onions to burn. Rather have the onions caramelized which will give the soup a nice dark brown color. It may even take an hour..
- Once the onions are done, add garlic, bay leaf, salt and pepper..
- Deglaze pot with wine and vinegar. Add stock. Bring to the boil – reduce heat and simmer for a further 1/2 hour. Check and adjust seasoning if needed..
- Now to get croutons ready. Heat oven to 160*C. Slice French stick. Grate mozzarella and Parmesan over bread. Grate extra cheese to add to soup..
- Bake until golden brown an cheese has melted. Remove and set aside..
- Serve soup in a bowl with a sprinkle of cheese and top with croutons. Yum!.
If you find this French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.