Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Scain's French Onion Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Scain's French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Scain's French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is now a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are a lot of health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Even though we’re incessantly being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, though, just making a few minor changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery because you most probably purchase lots of food items out of habit. For example, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. By putting in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
To sum up, it is easy to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to scain's french onion soup recipe. To cook scain's french onion soup you only need 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Scain's French Onion Soup:
- Get 4 of yellow onions, sliced thin.
- Take 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Take 1 stick of butter.
- Use 1/3 cup of red wine.
- Prepare 6 cups of beef broth.
- Get 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Get 1 of bay leaf.
- Provide 2 tsp of Basil.
- Use 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare of French bread.
- Use of garlic powder.
- Prepare of Swiss cheese.
Instructions to make Scain's French Onion Soup:
- In a large stock pot on medium heat, add olive oil.
- Add onions and stir. Stir every few min for 20 min..
- Add butter. Turn heat to medium high, continuing to stir every few min. For another 20 min.
- Add a good pinch of salt, then add red wine to deglaze the pan, turn heat down to medium low..
- Toss in garlic, bay leaf, basil, worceshire and then beef broth. Stir well..
- Once almost boiling, turn heat to low, cover and simmer 30 min.
- Turn oven on to 350, slice French bread about 1 inch thick. Brush with a bit of olive oil and top with garlic powder.
- Pop in the oven 10 minutes, then top with a slice of cheese. Back in the oven on broil for 5 min..
- Ladle soup into bowls, top with bread covered in cheese..
- BAM! Better than any restaurant. I think ;).
If you find this Scain's French Onion Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.